I am not up-to-speed on Iron Ruby.  Does that help in MS shops?

We are going to production mostly with JRuby.  I am very impressed.
We are using Redhat Linux, JBOSS, etc.

Don't know the latest on Maglev. Scalable Ruby continues to be a big
growth area.

We have over 100+ US Universities that will be soon hitting our
"REEport" system sandbox built with Hobo. Thanks to Bryan and Tola for
all of their efforts.

REEport is the first system in the US that satisfies the new reporting
requirements for research projects from the US Office of Management
and Budget (OMB).


I would like to put up a public sandbox site for your review and
comment.  Let me know if you are interested.


- Owen

On Oct 28, 8:33 pm, Brett Nelson <[email protected]> wrote:
> Then it is good news indeed! My battle has been using Open Source in
> an MS shop. The tide is turning though, people are beginning to see
> the light.
>
> Brett
>
> On Oct 28, 6:16 pm, Owen <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > What I should have mentioned is that what DOD approves, other agencies
> > follow.  So the big thing is it gives a flag of acceptance to the
> > Department of Agriculture, National Institutes of Health, National
> > Science Foundation, Housing and Urban Developemnt, General Services
> > Administation, etc., etc.
>
> > So the battles we have been fighting for acceptance by "Civilian"
> > federal government agencies will be reduced.
>
> > I have note bored everyone with how difficult this has been and how
> > much support for Hobo has come from our efforts.
>
> > I will leave that to Tom and Bryan.
>
> > -Owen
>
> > On Oct 28, 5:49 pm, Brett Nelson <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > > Once wrote some controller software to quickly and smoothly point a
> > > telescope very accurately at a point in the sky.  After someone joked
> > > about attaching a gun to the thing instead of a telescope I added a
> > > license to it which prevented its use for military purposes. Yes it
> > > can be done, and IMHO should.
>
> > > Brett
>
>
--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Hobo 
Users" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/hobousers?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to