I finally got around to trying your tracing framework.  Hopefully I
find it more useful than my usual habit of throwing require 'ruby-
debug'; debugger everywhere.

I started by following the instructions in the Hobo book.

Here are the adjustments that I had to make:

The book says "copy the dryml_trace folder into the lib folder" -- I'm
not sure what folder you were referring to.  I copied the contents of
the lib folder in git://github.com/kristianmandrup/trace_hobo.git into
my lib folder.

require 'dryml_trace_config' instead of 'dryml_trace/config'

trace-util-adv/lib/trace-util-adv.rb:  comment out require "duration"

dryml_trace_config.rb: replace require 'rails_trace_util/init' with
'trace-util-adv'

dryml_trace_config.rb: replace DrymlBuildermethod_filter with
dryml_builder_method_filter

My first impression was with how long things took:  a couple of
minutes to load the first page when tracing DRYMLBuilder.  I'm still
waiting on a trace of Template and TemplateEnvironment.  The resulting
log files are pretty chaotic:  perhaps some of the HTML should be
escaped.

I haven't got far enough for it to be useful to me, but your mechanism
seems very interesting and I'll look into it further.

thanks!
Bryan

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Hobo 
Users" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/hobousers?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to