param isn't something passed along.  It's used to mark a tag as
replaceable code.  You want params with the s

On Nov 15, 9:06 pm, Mark Sobkowicz <[email protected]> wrote:
> I had some more time to wrestle with this tonight, and got stuck in Dryml 
> again.   I really want to understand it.  I wanted to have a link from my 
> recipe_request show page (I replaced the "request" model with 
> "recipe_request") that created a new recipe and passed in the id of the 
> recipe_request.   This will allow me to destroy the recipe request after the 
> recipe is saved.   It also allows the recipe_request title to appear 
> pre-pasted in the new recipe form.
>
> I tried stuff like:
>
> <a with="&Recipe" action="new" param="&this.id">I have it</a><br/>  
>
> in the show page Recipe Request, but this did not pass the id.
>
> I did it with straight erb - my link is
>
> <%= link_to "without dryml", :controller => :recipes, :action => :new, :id => 
> @recipe_request.id %>
>
> and my recipe new controller is:
>
> def new
>     hobo_new
>     if params[:id] then
>       @recipe_request = RecipeRequest.find(params[:id])
>       @recipe.title = @recipe_request.title
>     end
>   end
>
> I would love to learn the Dryml way to do this.  
>
> On Nov 14, 2010, at 4:09 PM, Matt Jones wrote:
>
> >> I'm trying to use a lifecycle, because it seems like its probably the 
> >> right solution, but I can't really seem to get started.   This project 
> >> started with the recipe tutorial in the book, but has moved on past it.   
> >> I have two models:   recipe, and request.   At the moment there is no 
> >> relationship between them, though both belong to user.   I'd like to 
> >> create a lifecycle to start with a request and end up with a recipe.    
> >> When a user responds to a request, it should take them to a new recipe 
> >> page.  If that recipe is saved (created), then the state of the request 
> >> should change (:unfulfilled => :fulfilled). I could make a one-to-one 
> >> relationship between request and recipe, though that seems strange because 
> >> most requests do not yet have recipes, and many recipes do not have 
> >> requests.  
>
> >> I could not find any examples of lifecycles in the docs where one model 
> >> contains the lifecycle, but another model responds to its controller 
> >> events.   Any ideas would be welcome.
>
> > I'm not sure the lifecycle mechanism can explicitly handle this, as it's 
> > mostly focused on things occurring within the context of a single model. 
> > Typically, one would model this with auto_actions_for and callbacks.
>
> > in RecipeController:
>
> > auto_actions_for :request, [:new, :create]
>
> > and have Recipe belongs_to :request
>
> > One important note: naming a model Request is going to cause "interesting" 
> > things to happen in the controller, as @request is already used (at least 
> > in Rails 2.3). It might be a good idea to name the model more 
> > specifically...
>
> > --Matt Jones

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Hobo 
Users" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/hobousers?hl=en.

Reply via email to