Sorry for the double post, but I was mistaken, changing password for
logged in user isn't a lifecycle transition.  Although, seems like it
could be a good way of exposing that code to the end user and serve as
an example of lifecycle transitions with parameters.

On Nov 16, 2:28 pm, kevinpfromnm <[email protected]> wrote:
> It's in the taglibs.
>
> Though, off topic, that's a tempting one to make into a multi-tab
> view... for those apps with lots of info in the user model, i.e. most
> things that include some sort of forum.
>
> On Nov 16, 12:18 pm, Mark Sobkowicz <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > Ok, I figured out how to do it from the manual, but is the <def 
> > tag='account-nav'> hidden?  Why is it not somewhere in the taglibs folder?
>
> > On Nov 16, 2010, at 2:05 PM, Mark Sobkowicz wrote:
>
> > > Perhaps I don't want user preferences in the same place as a change 
> > > password page.    But that "Account" button is pretty enticing, and its 
> > > counterintuitive that "Account" == "Change Password".     What I'd really 
> > > like to do is have the "Account"  button take the user to their user edit 
> > > page.   On the user edit page I'd have email address and preferences, and 
> > > then a change password link that would go to the lifecycle.
>
> > > How can I change the action of that "Account" button?  
>
> > > On Nov 16, 2010, at 12:26 PM, kevinpfromnm wrote:
>
> > >> User account actually a lifecycle page.  If you have additional fields
> > >> to add to it, you just modify the params term in the particular
> > >> lifecycle in user.rb.
>
> > >> Though, I'm not sure that's the one you want as it's the change
> > >> password form.  There is also an edit user that's a standard form
> > >> (change it via overriding the form in application.dryml).  Signup form
> > >> is another lifecycle, to add fields to it, just change the params
> > >> attribute on it as well.

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Hobo 
Users" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/hobousers?hl=en.

Reply via email to