On Jun 29, 2011, at 19:57 , Fernando Gont wrote:
> On 06/29/2011 11:38 PM, Cameron Byrne wrote:
>>
>> The opportunity for restoring e2e is one of the great opportunities of ipv6
>
> This assumes that e2e reachability is a desired property for all networks.

In the context of the HOMENET working group, one imagines that restoring
general end-to-end reachability is arguably a worthy goal.  If it isn't, then
we should just throw in the towel now.  If you ask me, there isn't any point in
setting an open standard if the Internet is just going to be a straight road
leading from every home in every town to a small handful of data centers owned
and operated by an oligarchy of transnational mega-corporations.  We should
just hand the whole thing over to them and let their engineers design
everything in secret.

--
james woodyatt <j...@apple.com>
member of technical staff, core os networking