On Aug 7, 2011, at 5:15 PM, Mark Andrews wrote:

> One think I haven't seen mentions w.r.t. firewalls is protecting the rest of
> the world from compromised home machines.  While ISP's should be doing BCP 38
> filtering,  CPE devices should also be filtering outgoing traffic that is not
> from a valid prefix. [...]

Then I would direct your attention to Recommendation #5 in RFC 6092, which
informs the implementers of residential firewalls thusly:

   REC-5: Outbound packets MUST NOT be forwarded if the source address
   in their outer IPv6 header does not have a unicast prefix configured
   for use by globally reachable nodes on the interior network.

Does that about cover it?

--
james woodyatt <j...@apple.com>
member of technical staff, core os networking