Hi Jim,

I fully agree with you. Declaring OLSRv2 etc. out of scope just because
"a home is not a mesh network" seems simplistic to me. As you explained
in your mail, many of the problems that mesh networks already solve
successfully today, can be very similar in a home: dynamic topology, no
skilled network operator centrally managing the devices, wireless and
wired devices, limited resources on the routers etc. These were exactly
the motivation for developing such protocols in MANET.

Best regards
Ulrich