> On Mar 2, 2015, at 7:32 PM, Curtis Villamizar <cur...@ipv6.occnc.com> wrote:
>
> In message <7615609f-512e-42aa-a2e7-4dbb31f1a...@chopps.org>
> Christian Hopps writes:
>
>> Hi homenet-wg,
>>
>> One thing that has been mentioned to me is that IS-IS could be used
>> (with proper TLV additions) to completely replace HNCP, if IS-IS were
>> used as the homenet protocol. If true should we be calling this out
>> more explicitly in the document?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Chris.
>

> Chris,
>
> Yes.  I agree.
>
> And OSPF could do the same, without dragging CLNP in with it.

Using CLNP framing for IS-IS packets at the L2 layer is not the same as
dragging in CLNP. No homenet router is going to do anything with ISO like
frames other than drop them or hand them off to IS-IS.

> Maybe ISIS-WG should consider an ISIS-over-IP draft?

I actually presented that draft back in 1999, it was my first presentation at
IETF; it didn’t go anywhere. :)

Chris.