On 16/06/2016 19:48, Ralph Droms wrote:

> In my opinion, it is important for the exact requirements and
> semantics for the default domain be defined, perhaps even before the
> default domain itself is selected.  It's not clear to me whether the
> domain carried in the Domain-Name TLV can be a delegated domain or it
> has to be a special use domain name for location-relative name
> resolution like .local, or if either type of name is OK.

It's my understanding (albeit this may change depending on Ted's work)
that it may be either.

The particular point of ".home" (or whatever) would be to provide a
"special use" domain that is known to have "homenet site local"
semantics that should leak as little as possible outside of that.

I think it would also be appropriate to add whatever name is chosen to
the BCP 163 list of "Locally Server DNS Zones" such that any queries
that do happen to leak beyond the site get sunk by the recursive
resolver that receives them.

Ray