On Jan 14, 2013, at 12:00 AM, Severin MENARD wrote:

> Other kind of flexibility we have to state is the example of Heather 
> potentially passing non HOT member to board member in one month: I actually 
> totally agree with Kate about Heather and would vote for her without any 
> problem and even pleasure; it just makes me smile after the din some did 
> about the nominations of field volunteers last month, and only as members. 

Severin, while I agree with much of what you had to say, the situations with 
Heather and with the 20 or so EUROSHA volunteers are not at all comparable. 
Prior to their nomination, the EUROSHA volunteers were completely unknown to 
me, and probably to most of the people on this mailing list. In fact, I think 
none of them have ever posted a message to this list, or otherwise introduced 
themselves or their work to our community. While I'm sure we all appreciate 
their contributions, I don't see what could possibly entitle them to a voice in 
determining the organization's policy.

By contrast, Heather Leson is a long-time friend and collaborator of HOT. She 
has been involved in crisis mapping for years, and has a proven record of 
dealing wisely with the sensitive issues of mapping vulnerable parts of the 
world. More to the point, in volunteering for a role of responsibility on the 
Team, she took pains to introduce herself and her intentions for doing so. She 
is no stranger to our community, and I am proud to endorse her for a seat on 
the Board of Directors.

SDE
_______________________________________________
HOT mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/hot

Reply via email to