I am also sad to see that some people deeply involved in Activations 
were not selected to be Team members. I hope that we will soon have the 
opportunity to correct this situation. 

And I invite all the team members to participate to this election, to Vote!

HOT already have a few successes even if it is a young organization. After 
Haiti earthquake, we showed our capacity to deploy in 
various countries and support local communities.  Projects in Haiti, 
Indonesia and Africa also contributed to the structuration of HOT. In 
coordination with various partners, these deployments gave the opportunity to 
develop various tools and learning material. This also gives to HOT members the 
opportunity to work with GIS specialists,  to develop
 their skills and learn to better coordinate. 

The UN agencies now recognize the capacity of the Virtual technical communities 
(VTC) like HOT to collaborate to humanitarian relief. We are invited to various 
international conferences and establish various collaborations on the ground.

The Humanitarian Activations is one aspect of HOT where I think we all agree 
that we should make more efforts to structure and coordinate with various 
organizations.  We need to extend our network of collaborators in the field of 
humanitarian activations to be more effective in activations such as in RDC. 
Imagery is also an important aspect of these activations and we should have the 
capacity to obtain aerial imageries more rapidly.  And finally, we have to 
assure that more team members have the capacity to take the responsability to 
coordinate such actions.

While being in Canada, I am of french culture. I am not a GIS specialist. Since 
2010, I participated as a mapper, coordinator of various activations. I 
participate often to HOT discussions including about development of softwares. 

If you think that I am a good asset for the organization, I will be pleased to 
participate to the board.
 

Pierre 
_______________________________________________
HOT mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/hot

Reply via email to