Great topic!

There's growing examples of this.

Here in DC, George Washington University includes OSM directly in curriculum.
Students get graded on edits!
TechChange does online tech training, and they've been introducing osm
http://techchange.org/
A high school teacher in Luxemborg partnered with Map Kibera
http://www.mapkibera.org/blog/2012/07/01/luxembourg-students-make-maps-for-kibera/
There are plenty more.

The core learning materials, http://learnosm.org/, are great, but I haven't
seen anything like a best of curriculum, guide for the teachers.
That might be a good goal for this growing space of OSM in education. First
step might just be sharing and discussing what's been done before.

-Mikel

* Mikel Maron * +14152835207 @mikel s:mikelmaron