Hi,
An alternative view;
I looked at http://tasks.hotosm.org/job/424 & the refresh rate was very
quick - fraction of a second. But this is a much smaller task with very
few users.
Then I looked at http://tasks.hotosm.org/job/425 & yes it was slower,
refresh rate of 2 or 3 seconds. Bigger grid with more info.
Number of tiles a user has worked on - when I clicked on a name it gave
me a lot more than I expected - stats for that user for every task they
have worked on.
Overall I like it & think it's a vast improvement.
Something very low on the list of things to do - Display users on a
task. If it's a long list, you scroll down until you find the user
you're interested in. If the list is long enough, when you scroll down,
hover the mouse over the name - the map may well change, but it's off
screen because you scrolled down!
Nick
Volunteer 'Tallguy' for
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Humanitarian_OSM_Team
Mapping volunteer 'Tallguy' for http://www.openstreetmap.org
<http://www.openstreetmap.org/>
Treasurer, website & Bonus Ball admin for
http://www.6thswanleyscouts.org.uk/ ([email protected]
<mailto:[email protected]>)
On 14/02/14 10:58, Pierre GIRAUD wrote:
I agree that the "show tiles for given user on map" is slow. It's even
more slow when the number of tiles in the job is big. Performance can
probably be improved.
I think that it's a nice addition though even if it's not efficient.
If I read you correctly, what you are missing is the number of tiles
the user worked on. Am I right? I'll see if I can re-add this. My
point was to lower the load of the server when rendering the job's
page as much as possible and I think I remember that computing the per
user count was slowing down things.
I just opened two new issues to address this:
https://github.com/hotosm/osm-tasking-manager/issues/189
https://github.com/hotosm/osm-tasking-manager/issues/190
Thanks for your report.
On Fri, Feb 14, 2014 at 11:33 AM, jonathan <[email protected]> wrote:
Just looked at the latest HOT activation http://tasks.hotosm.org/job/425 and
went to the Users tab to see what activity there was/is.
OMG, as I've said many times before this page is unworkable in its new
design. I have to wait THREE seconds every time I move my mouse over a
userid. This is a wonderful example of an upgrade with emphasis of form
over function.
I really like the idea of seeing which tiles people have changed when you
mouse over but only if it is technically feasible else let's stick with the
original tried, tested and functional way.
Is there no way it can be speeded up or the functionality moved to a
different tab with the original re-instated minus the map?
Thanks
Jonathan
http://bigfatfrog67.me
On 03/02/2014 23:04, Jonathan wrote:
Thanks for the work done already. When you mouse over a userid it
highlights the tiles they've done, this is a nice feature but there is a
split second delay, is this due to calculations being done or is it coded
in? Because it makes it very difficult to look at and give me a headache,
also why has the number of tiles completed been removed as a superscript
next to each name?
Jonathan
http://bigfatfrog67.me
On 02/02/2014 18:46, Pierre GIRAUD wrote:
Hi all,
It's been a while now that I've started working on a "workflow" branch (more
than a year ago). The main purpose of this development was to improve the
user experience by simplifying the interface a bit.
This branch is the one used for the instance working at
http://tasks2.hotosm.org.
I'm now confident and I think that it's ready. I would now like to merge the
work into the master branch and update the main instance. It will also
eventually allow us to remove this second instance. I will do my best to
retrieve the data as well.
For those who don't know yet, in addition to user interface modification,
the main enhancement is deep linking ie. links to tasks in a read only mode.
This allow users to share a link to the task they are working on for
example.
I also got rid of the "validation" process because it has been the source of
problems recently. Let's rethink this feature if we really need it. People
still can invalidate tasks though.
If no one is fiercely against i, I'll do the merge later this week.
This will help me give an answer to Mikel and others who were asking me how
much work is left to get v1 functionnalities in v2.
Regards,
Pierre
--
-------------------------------------------------------------
| Pierre GIRAUD
-------------------------------------------------------------
_______________________________________________
HOT mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/hot
_______________________________________________
HOT mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/hot
_______________________________________________
HOT mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/hot