Hi Rod,

Was planning on continuing to use github. Haven't use transifex before, not
sure the volume of usage would justify using it, and it seems to be
fee-based.

It is updated manually. When there is something new I learn about and I
think should be in there or when someone suggest something, I add an entry
to the json file, upload that and the tree integrates it automatically. So
the only thing that needs to be maintained is the json file.

I had thought about building something that would go through the osm wiki,
parse that, build a json file on the fly so the tree is always
automatically up to date and is a "pure" mirror of the wiki but:
1) it's beyond my current coding capabilities...
2) (and most importantly) I'm not sure that's feasible in a way that
wouldn't be confusing. It would render into a tree with hundreds (or more)
of nodes which I think would be harder to use and understand.

License is cc-by-sa indeed. Feel free to use it and modify it if you want.
Feedback, comments, suggestions, critiques and of course contribution are
more than welcome.

Thanks

Chris
_______________________________________________
HOT mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/hot

Reply via email to