I seem to recall the same area is mapswiped by four different people before
a mapper maps it.

Other than the size of the tile or which area to give priority to I think
the advantage is that people can do it anywhere on a smartphone.

I would hesitate to say if it is worth doing or not.  In future there might
be a way to bring something into OSM via a review process.

Cheerio John