On 05/04/2019 20:10, Ralf Bernhardt wrote:
There are many POIs I would like to see on Openstreetmap too, also boundarys and place names.

These can, and are, added to OSM. ๐Ÿ™‚

I also noticed a different tagging scheme: Car, Moto and Foot. I
would guess that Roads not passable for a car but by foot and moto
should be highway=path in OSM.

Wikipedia's goal is a "Neutral Point of View", OSM's is "No
Point of View", to only store objective things, to never store
subjective things. "This road is not passable by a car" depends a lot on
the type of car! A 4x4 Land Rover can drive on roads a Porsche sports
car can't. We tag _legal_ restrictions on roads ("Cars are not
legally permitted to drive here"), since everyone agrees on that.

There is a `tracktype` key (
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:tracktype ) with 5 values for
how smooth/wellmaintained the road/track is. You can also map the
`surface` and `width` of roads. There are some less popular tags that
might be useful to you like `4wd_only=yes/no`, `sac_scale` or `mtb:scale`.

Is there a reason for that or will you change them later?

OSM is a map made by everyone, including you (if you want). ๐Ÿ™‚ Don't be
afraid to correct mistakes in OSM, don't be afraid to make OSM better if
you see something that should be improved. It's wiki, open to everyone. ๐Ÿ™‚ Please feel free to change it yourself. ๐Ÿ™‚

Rory