Hello,
        I'm trying to get hplip ported to FreeBSD and I'm having a bit of
trouble.  First, I've got it to compile install and work as part of
the FreeBSD ports system.  The port skeleton is here:
http://am-productions.biz/docs/hplip.tgz
        It contains some patches in the files directory and the Makefile does
the ports building as well as strip out various Linux-isms and
respect the correct install locations.  There are also two startup
scripts that replace the provided one.  This is because it's easier
for the FreeBSD startup system since it has most of the functionality
that is replicated in the provided startup script.
        Using that port skeleton I've got it to compile ,install, and have
the two daemon processes startup correctly.  I've also implemented
the Read and Write methods in the Device class.  The Write method is
working and I'm able to print to my Officejet 5510v. The problem is
with the Read method, tested with hp-info.  GetInEP returns the
endpoint of 131, which clearly seems wrong, therefore when Read tries
to open the endpoint it fails since there is no endpoint 131.  From
the system log:
Apr  3 00:34:06 bigguy hpiod: unable to open bulk in endpoint
(/dev/ugen0.131) hp:/usb/officejet_5500_series?serial=MY4CLG12Y596
io/hpiod/device.cpp 218
Apr  3 00:34:06 bigguy hpiod: unable to open bulk in endpoint
(/dev/ugen0.131) hp:/usb/officejet_5500_series?serial=MY4CLG12Y596
io/hpiod/device.cpp 218
Apr  3 00:34:06 bigguy hpiod: unable to read MlcReverseReply header:
No such file or directory bytesRead=0 io/hpiod/mlc.cpp 230
Apr  3 00:34:06 bigguy hpiod: unable to open bulk in endpoint
(/dev/ugen0.131) hp:/usb/officejet_5500_series?serial=MY4CLG12Y596
io/hpiod/device.cpp 218
Apr  3 00:34:06 bigguy hpiod: unable to read MlcReverseReply header:
No such file or directory bytesRead=0 io/hpiod/mlc.cpp 230
Apr  3 00:34:06 bigguy hpiod: invalid MLCInitReply: cmd=0, result=3 ,
revision=0 io/hpiod/mlc.cpp 348
Apr  3 00:34:07 bigguy python:  [ERROR] Error opening device (Unknown
internal error). Exiting.

The ugen device for the printer shows the main pipe and the following
endpoints:
/dev/ugen0.1
/dev/ugen0.2
/dev/ugen0.3
/dev/ugen0.4
/dev/ugen0.7
/dev/ugen0.8

Is there any reason the GetInEP would return an invalid endpoint?
Also if you have any other suggestions let me know.

Thanks,

--
Anish Mistry
[EMAIL PROTECTED]