Thanks for your FreeBSD work I will take a look at your patches and see
if we can get them in up-stream. I was hoping somebody would help us on
the libusb extensions for FreeBSD. I will be at OSDL Printer Summit next
week, so I won't be able to look at your work for 1-2 weeks.

You should be able to run the daemons as root or user. We usually test
as root, but I believe Debian and Ubuntu run as user.

-dave