On 2022-06-27 15:10, Dave Morriss via Hpr wrote:
I'm currently looking at replacing this database system with a SQLite version. I think this might be the format that would be shared in due course.

Well I think an SQL export of the SQLite would be be the "source of truth", and checked into git. Anyone can get the latest change by using git clone, or git pull. That would include the Janitors.

The db you have been using has a better structure and could be used to maintain the live MySQL one on the HPR site. For now a SQL dump from postgres to git is fine, and the SQLite binary (via rsync and not in git) can follow later.

The structure is never going to be perfect but publishing it now is a good start to get feedback from the database heads out there. Or should I say `DATABASE HEADS;` ;-)

One thing we need to change is the email address of the hosts that are kept in the db. This will need to be converted from `joe.blogg@example .com` to `joe.blogg.nospam@nospam.example .com`, which is what we do when we publish it to the RSS feed.

https://hackerpublicradio.org/request_a_slot.php#requesting_slot

/*Note:*//This email address will be published on the HPR website and will be given out in the feeds, so please use a //*public email*//address for this purpose. Where we publish it we pad it with dot nospam at-sign nospam dot. // //i.e. //h...@example.com//becomes //hpr.nos...@nospam.example.com//. If you do not want to have your email exposed, please contact the admin@hpr team to arrange a alias. /

--
Regards,

Ken Fallon (PA7KEN,G5KEN)
https://kenfallon.com