Hi Jakub,

I would be available to discuss with you about the OpenCV project.

1) The project itself contains a class where different parallelism is
implemented. For example for openmp a for loop is parallized with a
pragrama. One task would be to check how this can be done with parallel
algorithms within hpx.

2) HPX provides two different kind of threads. You should obtain a good
understanding of this concept to handle the system threads for reading
images from a camera.

3) Next to the parallel algorithms, a small example where a picture from a
webcam is shown in a qt application should be implemented. This example
should be extended to use some simple filters on the image.

4) A benchmark for OpenCV with native, hpx, and openmp has to be done. You
can use any existing example and measure the time or any other quantity of
interest to compare the speed up you obtain by using more CPUs.

For more details you can contact me (diehlpk) or John (jbnjr) on irc.

I will be available 7pm your local time.

Best,

Patrick

Jakub Golinowski <jakub.golinow...@gmail.com> schrieb am Mo., 5. März 2018,
18:20: