Hi Tim,

you can download the jpeg images and use ImageMagick's convert or
graphicsmagick gm to convert to 16 bit tiff.
I did that and celeste works.
Next to that: I still have Georges "hotel village" 16bit images (from the
other topic). If I use them, celeste works also.

This almost looks like that ppc does not work correctly and intel does.
Do you take care of "little_endian" and "big_endian" in celeste?
If not, that might be an issue. Not for single byte 8bit images, but
certainly for double-byte 16bit tiff and png images and also for 4-byte
32bit tiffs and pngs.
This also has been an error for both imagemagick and graphicsmagick in the
past.

Harry