On the Assistant tab, I load my images. Then on the Images tab, I
select each image, and in the Image Orientation entry at the bottom, I
type in my estimate of where the image should go. For a Nodal-Ninja,
the Roll is always -90, and the Pitch can be read off the upper-most
rotation knob for a row. The Yaw will correspond with 'clicks' if you
use the detente-plates that some models come with, for instance 30
degree increments.

I can do that once, then save that shooting pattern as a template. I
think it works well with 2 or 3 row panoramas.
Aron