I'm glad the subject came up.

I was going to request some info added to CMakeLists.txt.  I noticed that
libboost-fielsystem-x is mentioned in enblend as optional, but upon building it
states boost has failed.  I'm not sure if there is another check or if the
syntax/routine is incorrect and it's not responding with the correct message.
Morever, when building later, and upon using Hugin, I get boost not installed
as well.  If libboost-filesystem and libboost-system is optional it would be
nice to leave it out of a bare bones build as it drags in a lot of "junk".
There is also a section in enblend about RPM, etc. that is not in the others.
Not sure if should have been there across all CMakeLists.txt.

I noticed the CPACK_DEBIAN_PACKAGE_DEPENDS="libpano13" in the hugin
CMakeLists.txt a couple of weeks ago and was going to suggest doing this for
enblend as well but have been so busy with work I've not been able to get
around to it.

I think the build instructions on the web is wonderful and don't think I could
have put them togather myself.  I'd like to clean them up, as well as possible
create seperate pages for seperate releases (ie, 9.04, 9.10).  Or at least for
the supported releases from Ubuntu.  One of the things I noticed is that not
all dependenices are listed the further you move down the list, but assumed
because they've been already installed previously for other builds.  However
this presents a problem for builds such as PanoGLViewer, etc.

I've also began stepping through each build to determine if every dependenciy
is needed during the build, during the installation, and what it belongs to.
For example, Enblend only needs four dependencies to install after the build.

The build instructions also list packages that I don't believe are being
maintaned or used anymore.  Matchpoint, FreePV, etc.  Perhaps those should be
moved to a section "Archived, No longer maintained.  Autotools is another
section that should be archived imho.

I've attached a "fasttrack" build script.  It's incomplete, but should be
uniform.  I'd planned on introducing dependencies previous modification of the
CMakeLists.txt by "echo CMAKE_DEBIAN ... etc >> CMakeLists.txt" (syntax is not
correct but you get the idea).

I'd  eventually liked to get a very streamlined set of build instructions for
each Ubuntu release, a fast track build script so that there is less confusion.
 There are several comments that have been returned to me that I'm trying to
address

1. Hugin is anything but simple to use.
2. There's no way I'm going to try to build that, it looks to complicated.  Do
you have binaries?
3. Where can I find how to do this or that?

I looked on wikipedia on the math behind a simple equalateral (spelling?)
projection and finally got a real understanding of the complexity of the math
behind Hugin and releated programs.  I realize it's no easy task, nor is it an
easy task building tutorials, workflow, etc.  Add to that most people work for
a living and what does get's posted is done with precious spare time.  I'm
really looking for a way to simplify understanding, installation, building for
an average desktop user.

Dale

Fast Track Script - http://www.tatteredmoons.org/hugin/fasttrack.sh