On Sun, 10 Jul 2011 14:01:47 +1000, Terry Duell <tdu...@iinet.net.au> wrote:

I'll have a bit more of play with with the images and if I turn up anything useful I'll post the story.

I have managed to get a result, using the low res images. It may be possible to do better using higher res images. Here is the process I used.
Load images, using 'Assistant' tab.
'Images' tab, create control points.
'Optimizer' tab, optimize 'Positions (incremental, starting from anchor)'.
'Control Points' tab, manually delete control points with a distance greater than about 8 or 9.
'Optimizer' tab, optimize 'Positions (incremental, starting from anchor)'.
These steps got me to a point where the max error was 8.1.
If I tried to optimize other parameters things just got worse, so I left it at that. In Fast Preview window select 'Projection' 'Rectilinear'; fiddle with field of view sliders to reasonably fill the window. 'Stitcher' tab, deselect any Panorama outputs and select 'Remapped Images: Exposure corrected...'; select 'Calculate Optimal Size', and then 'Stitch'. I ended up with 3 remapped images, each 2458x2778 which look like they would register OK.
Hope this helps.

Cheers,
--
Regards,