OK.
That looks so much better than I would have guessed (and is an easier
technique than I was imagining.)

On Nov 8, 3:46 pm, Bruno Postle <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Mon 07-Nov-2011 at 17:31 -0800, JohnPW wrote:
>
>
>
> >>  . . . I prefer to use a photo multiple times in a Hugin project with
> >> different masking to patch up larger areas like skies and ground.
>
> >Hearing you say this makes me think I'm missing something big.
> >I tried to figure it out, but was not able to make headway.
>
> There ought to be a tutorial someday...
>
> I often have large empty gaps at the top and bottom of a panorama,
> like this:http://www.flickr.com/photos/36383814@N00/6327106374
>
> So what I do is pick a photo that has a good chunk of sky or ground
> and load it again in the project - A Hugin project can have several
> instances of a single photo in different places, with different
> masks.
>
> Here are two sky photos and two ground photos reappearing twice
> each:http://www.flickr.com/photos/36383814@N00/6327105688(I've
> turned off the 'real' photos so you can see them better).
>
> Together you can see that the whole canvas area is now 
> covered:http://www.flickr.com/photos/36383814@N00/6326352419
>
> Here you can see how I used a mask in one of these duplicate photos
> to exclude everything but the bit of ground that I wanted to 
> reuse:http://www.flickr.com/photos/36383814@N00/6326351457
>
> Stitching will merge these patches seamlessly, even the perspective
> distortion matches up.  Best of all, the output from Hugin doesn't
> require any further 
> editing:http://www.flickr.com/photos/36383814@N00/6327103160This is much
> better than you can achieve with clone brushes, hand feathering or
> 'content aware' fill.
>
> --
> Bruno

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Hugin and other free panoramic software" group.
A list of frequently asked questions is available at: 
http://wiki.panotools.org/Hugin_FAQ
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/hugin-ptx

Reply via email to