JohnPW schrieb am 08.11.11 18:07:
On Nov 8, 3:25 am, Gnome Nomad<[email protected]> wrote:
IIRC, the Control, Alt and Option keys were all grafted on top of the
Apple key - the Apple key was The Apple Way. Having more than one
modifier key was considered too confusing for Apple's idea of a user.
I don't think so.
But control and alt were omitted on some of the early Apple keyboards.
Come on, tell me of an application for Apple Macintosh computers pre
1990 that needed a 'ctrl' key...
I work with Macintosh computers since 1991: QuarkXPress, Photoshop,
Illustrator, PostScript fonts... Photoshop then had two alpha channels
and no layers. It had paths and that worked fine at that time.
And 'alt' (named 'option' in the early days of the Apple Desktop Bus)
was always necessary for special characters like the copyright sign or
citation marks or my then favourite '•'. And also a ctrl key was on
every "modern" ADB keyboard (sometimes as a 'control' key). It was
barely needed by the casual user, but e.g. all my QuicKeys scripts used
ctrl on my Extended Keyboards as part of the trigger.
Here is one of the simpler ones:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Apple_ADB_Keyboard.jpg
"The Apple Way"-key is the one at the top: use it to start and then
restart or shut down your Mac, even worked after a "bomb" popped up on
the screen.
This still works with today's keyboards: ctrl+eject on a running Mac...
(in the following dialog you can use 'r' for restart, 's' for sleep, and
'enter' or 'return' to shut down)
I delete mask points by left-clicking on (or drag selecting) a point,
then pressing the Delete key. But I'm not mouse-obsessed like *some*
people, I do use the keyboard ...
Exactly. But it doesn't work on the OS X version, which I would say is
a bug.
No, you just didn't look at the right place ;-) I think we just have to
live with the fact that not every keyboard shortcut works the same on
each operating system.
I can delete a single, already selected mask point with
ctrl + right click
No way to delete more than one mask point at once (or add points to a
already closed path), though. That is more of a bug (or a missing feature).
Strange, Delete key works on Linux. Methinks Mac has screwed things up
badly if Delete doesn't delete.
That must be it!
Could you make sure to have your friend "Mac" repair his "screw up" in
the Hugin software? :-)
Better ask Harry nicely if he can think of a solution...
Carl
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Hugin and
other free panoramic software" group.
A list of frequently asked questions is available at:
http://wiki.panotools.org/Hugin_FAQ
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/hugin-ptx