Have you already tried 2010.4.0? I've never had the fast preview problem on
it.

Cheers,

Carlos E G Carvalho (Cartola)
http://cartola.org/360



2011/11/12 Simonm <[email protected]>

> Hi folks,
>
> I'm in Hugin limbo at the moment:
>
> I have a spherical panorama constructed using 2011.0 that won't build,
> even though the images look fine.
>
> One issue is that I can't get the OpenGL preview to not crash. The
> workaround (opening it before making any changes to the pano) used to
> work, but won't on this one. The location is a pharmacy, with lots of
> shelves with medicines and lotions, etc on them (lots of verticals and
> horizontals). I've got about 10 hand-selected control points on each
> overlap, with as many defined lines as I can manage.
>
> Anyway the Open GL fast preview just hangs on me.
>
> In an attempt to sidestep the problem, I tried to use 2011.2 and
> 2011.b4, but both crash immediately on launch, with a Windows
> "unhandled exception error".
>
> I have Visual Studio 2008 installed, although I don't compile
> executables with it. The trace shows the problem to be at address
> 00896150h (last line below) in hugin.exe:
>
> 0089610F  int         3
> 00896110  cmp         dword ptr ds:[0E3006Ch],0
> 00896117  push        esi
> 00896118  mov         esi,ecx
> 0089611A  je          00896143
> 0089611C  cmp         dword ptr [esi+40h],0
> 00896120  jne         00896143
> 00896122  push        0CB4E60h
> 00896127  push        0CB4E54h
> 0089612C  push        0CB4E40h
> 00896131  push        2B8h
> 00896136  push        0CB4CC4h
> 0089613B  call        007AB290
> 00896140  add         esp,14h
> 00896143  mov         dword ptr [esi+40h],0
> 0089614A  pop         esi
> 0089614B  ret
> 0089614C  int         3
> 0089614D  int         3
> 0089614E  int         3
> 0089614F  int         3
> 00896150  mov         eax,dword ptr [ecx]
>
> The VS2008 pop-up says:
>
> "Unhandled exception at 0x00896150 in hugin.exe: 0xC0000005:
> Access violation reading location 0x00000000."
>
> This doesn't seem very likely, and I've no other reason to suspect a
> memory fault either. Anyway, I'm stumped.
>
> Is this a common problem? if so what might cause it?
>
> I've got an Intel 4-core CPU and 4Gb available memory, Win XP Pro
> (properly patched). Loads of disk space, although this is happening on
> startup of the binary.
>
> Any advice would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Simonm.
>
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> "Hugin and other free panoramic software" group.
> A list of frequently asked questions is available at:
> http://wiki.panotools.org/Hugin_FAQ
> To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> [email protected]
> For more options, visit this group at
> http://groups.google.com/group/hugin-ptx
>

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Hugin and other free panoramic software" group.
A list of frequently asked questions is available at: 
http://wiki.panotools.org/Hugin_FAQ
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/hugin-ptx

Reply via email to