I never did a gigapan. In fact the largest I have done was 15000x7500 what
gives about 112megapixels I guess. I already think its very hard to post
edit this picture, so I thought that when you do a giga you already do it
into tiles, don`t you? And surely with a very well calibrated mechanism not
to have to post edit it. Any hints about it? Can hugin do a gigapan?

Cheers,

Carlos E G Carvalho (Cartola)
http://cartola.org/360



2011/11/15 Karmadillo <[email protected]>

> TIFF file format will not support images larger than 4GB
> Note that intermediate files are also subject to this limit so you may
> find it hard to produce TIFF outputs above 3GB. The largest file size
> I obtained was 3.4GB but the image was badly messed up and unusable. I
> ended up settling for a 2.8GB version of this project as the highest
> resolution.
>
> So, I recommend that you try other file formats.
>
> Another consideration is that you will need a lot of RAM to stitch
> panoramas larger than 4GB. 64 bit windows will be necessary to get
> above the 3.5GB RAM limitation.
> However if you do choose 64 bit windows and plan to create HDR images,
> be aware that EXR file format is broken on windows 64bit, leaving you
> with no options to create HDR images larger than 4GB. This translates
> into about 1.5GB max size image once it is tonemapped.
> This is why I am moving to a Linux 64 bit platform (not quite there
> yet).
>
> On Nov 16, 5:13 am, Gnome Nomad <[email protected]> wrote:
> > Emad ud din Bhatt wrote:
> >
> > >  I am trying to create a gigapixel file which is larger than 4GB size.
> > > how can i do it in windows?
> >
> > Don't know Windows that well, but I believe the Windows NTFS disk format
> > supports files larger than that. Note: by default, Windows formats
> > external drives with FAT32, which can't handle files that large.
> >
> > Now the question becomes, what image file format supports 4GB+ file
> sizes?
> >
> > --
> > Gnome Nomad
> > [email protected]
> > wandering the landscape of godhttp://www.cafepress.com/otherend/
>
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> "Hugin and other free panoramic software" group.
> A list of frequently asked questions is available at:
> http://wiki.panotools.org/Hugin_FAQ
> To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> [email protected]
> For more options, visit this group at
> http://groups.google.com/group/hugin-ptx
>

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Hugin and other free panoramic software" group.
A list of frequently asked questions is available at: 
http://wiki.panotools.org/Hugin_FAQ
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/hugin-ptx

Reply via email to