On Thu, 9 Feb 2012 01:51:15 -0800 (PST), kfj wrote:
> Hi group!
>
> I'd like to point you to a feature proposal I've made for enfuse, and
> I'd be curious to hear what you think of it:
>
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/enblend/+bug/927509

In regards focal length of source image: this would have been very
useful to me when preparing this image:
http://rlk.smugmug.com/Other/Landscapes/4851912_XB4SmT#!i=450968307&k=6dotV
(read the writeup)

I'd also like to see consideration given to combining the blending and
fusing steps.  I've experimented with both blend-fuse and fuse-blend
workflows (exposure fused from stacks and exposure fused from any
arrangement -- and no, I don't remember which is which) and find that
both approaches work better in some cases than in others.  Blending
exposure layers followed by fusing produces a more uniform fused
panorama, but the blend seams may be different in the different exposure
layers, leading to ghosting (not just for moving object).  This happens,
I think, because most of my panoramas are hand-held, and when I do use a
tripod it isn't with a panorama head, so there are perspective issues
that are resolved differently in each layer.  If I fuse exposure layers
first and then blend the stacks, the ghosting goes away but I get odd
color/tonal contrasts across the blend seams.

What I think I'd like would be to blend followed by fuse, but to use the
same blending seams for each exposure layer.  I realize this would be a
very big change from how things are done now.

--
Robert Krawitz                                     <r...@alum.mit.edu>

--Eric Crampton