On Tuesday, September 11, 2012 1:28:11 PM UTC-7, Bruno Postle wrote:

> On Tue 11-Sep-2012 at 11:52 -0700, TvE wrote:
>
> >Thomas, can you clarify what you mean by "go over the 180 degree border"?
> >Do you mean that I have a panorama that covers more than 180 degrees in
> >some direction? Or that some images cross the nadir or the zenith point?
>

> Similarly you can include a view of the ground taken from multiple
> viewpoints into a 360° panorama, but the nadir has to be in the
> middle of the canvas, not at the bottom.  This isn't too much of a
> problem, it is a simple process to load the equirectangular output
> into a new Hugin project and level it.

I tried doing this for a *spherical* panorama and wasn't particularly
successful. Basically, from the conventional equirectangular projection
showing the main feature area I applied a 90 degree tilt to bring the nadir
into the center. But if I optimize after that with translation enabled I
still get garbage. Is that what you suggested, and if not, can you provide
concrete steps or an example?