Dne 22.3.2014 08:32, kfj napsal(a):

> On Friday, March 21, 2014 1:34:08 AM UTC+1, nadv...@suse.cz wrote:
>
>     Hi,
>
>     the recent discussion about exposure compensation reminded me that I
>     have related problem.
>
>     I have a panorama from 10 images taken with fixed exposure, EV 12.
>     A small part of the panorama is overexposed, so I added one extra
>     correctly exposed image with EV 14 that covers the overexposed area.
>
>     Now, when I process it as "Exposure fused from any arrangement", then
>     there are no burned out areas, but the extra image is still
>     recognizable
>     as a darker rectangle, which does not look good.
>

> I think in your situation you don't want exposure fusion. Try this:
>
> - use an include mask on the EV 14 image covering the overexposed area
> plus some space around it
> - do an LDR photometric optimization of your whole image set
> - stitch as ordinary pano (with exposure correction, LDR)
>
> This has the effect of forcing out the overexposed bit from the result,
> but the photometric optimization will have corrected the EV14 image to
> blend well with the other images. The 'space around' is to give the
> blender room to manouvre and produce an invisible transition. You could
> use an exclude mask on the overexposed image instead, but this may get
> you unwanted (underexposed) parts from the EV14 image into the stitch.
> You may have to shift the output EV closer to the EV14 image to get a
> good result; rather stitch too dark and pull up the dark areas later
> with the gradation curve when you do the retouching or do a 'false
> exposure fusion' from a brighter and a darker stitch. Consider working
> in 16bit TIFF.
>
> Kay

Thank you Kay!

The include mask did exactly what I wanted.

Then I tried exposure fusion from EV14 and EV12 image
and also I tried to load EV14 tiff into RawTherapee and adjust it there.
Both methods gave me good results.

I still wonder if I have to create the mask manually. I'd expect that at
least for HDR this is done automatically. But in my case the HDR
output looks the same as LDR.

Vladimir

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/hugin-ptx/53309E64.6030200%40suse.cz.