On Wednesday, September 14, 2016 at 2:43:17 PM UTC-4, Michael Havens wrote:

> I am trying to create a 360X180 panorama. As it stitches the images
> together though it runs out of room. Root in this system is finite. /home
> in this system is enormous. Why does hugin stitch things together in /
> rather than /home. How do I get around this problem?

In OS X, the current temp dir can be found at $TMPDIR. So at the command
line `echo $TMPDIR` will show it. In El Capitan that's normally somewhere
in /var land. For example right now for me it's
`/var/folders/yl/xd3tsv2x1959s23ts4k1qt9m0000gr/T/`. In my scripts I use
this and then let the system sort it out if I leave files in there (which I
try not to when they're really big as with Hugin).

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/hugin-ptx/1e11d57d-0ed5-46eb-aa1b-df6bc0eef75d%40googlegroups.com.