On Friday, 16 September 2016 at 19:39:48 -0700, Michael Havens wrote:
> On Friday, September 16, 2016 at 9:00:17 PM UTC-4, Groogle wrote:
>>
>> You still haven't answered my question about the running out of disk
>> space.  We haven't been able to reproduce that.
>
> Sorry.... I missed that question. Don't worry so much about that. It is
> unlikely you will be able to reproduce that error as my root directory
> isn't that big...
>
>      $ df / -h
>      Filesystem      Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on
>      /dev/sdb1        23G   15G  7.2G  67% /
>
> 7.2 G seems like a lot of free space to me right now but I guess it isn't
> when doing a photosphere!

I don't know many root directories that big.

We (mainly Sean Greenslade and I) discussed this, but the only firm
conclusion was that normally nothing gets written to the temporary
directory.  That's why I asked you:

On Friday, 16 September 2016 at 17:42:03 +1000, Greg 'groggy' Lehey wrote:

> Could you please try removing the entry for the temporary directory
> and see if you still have trouble?  As I said (thread "hugin shouldn't
> stitch in root"):
>
> On Thursday, 15 September 2016 at 13:41:36 +1000, Greg 'groggy' Lehey wrote:
>> 2.  How much space was used in /tmp or /var/tmp?  None at all!  I
>>     don't know where I got the idea that the intermediate files go to
>>     /tmp.  So the question remains: what is getting written to the
>>     root file system in Michael's scenario?  Michael, can you check
>>     next time you stitch a pano.  The log window will tell you what is
>>     being written, and where.  Maybe it's not /tmp at all.

The fact is that you *have* managed to fill up your root directory,
and so far we have no explanation for it.  It's not beyond the bounds
of possibility that you have another bug here.

Greg
--
Sent from my desktop computer.
Finger g...@freebsd.org for PGP public key.