On Wednesday, 21 September 2016 at 21:00:56 +0200, Stefan Peter wrote:
> On 20.09.2016 13:32, Michael Havens wrote:
>> Okay, I'm running the stitcher now even though no control points were
>> found.
>
> Then it is of no use. The task at hand is to find out why there are no
> control points produced.
>
> Greg assumed that it has something to do with the temporary directory
> path setting.

It's more than an assumption.  In my installation it's a certainty.

> The prudent thing to test this hypothesis would be to revert this
> setting and see if the problem persists.

Yes, this is what I have repeatedly asked for.

> However, I was not able to recreate this problem here. Not even
> using a non existent directory as temporary file location interfered
> with creating control points.

OK, that's interesting.  I thought it once worked for me too.  What
platform and version of Hugin?

> However, there are other possible reasons for this behaviour. One of
> them would be that the files can not be read by icpfind, the program
> responsible for creating the control points. Or maybe icpfind could
> not be started because of other reasons like missing libraries or
> execution permission.

I modified icpfind to find what it was looking for.  It had an empty
PATH variable, so it couldn't find the control point detector.  And
yes, I'm still planning to track the bug down.

Greg
--
Sent from my desktop computer.
Finger g...@freebsd.org for PGP public key.