On Wednesday, 21 September 2016 at 19:53:25 -0700, Michael Havens wrote:
> On Wednesday, September 21, 2016 at 10:38:36 PM UTC-4, Groogle wrote:
>>
>> On Wednesday, 21 September 2016 at 19:33:27 -0700, Michael Havens wrote:
>>> In preferences->file name->Temporary directory I typed in
>>> "/home/bmike1/hugintmp"
>>> In the same location if /home/bmike1/hugintmp is present when I
>>> search for control points it will fail.
>>
>> We seem to be going round in circles.  I reported this issue nearly a
>> week ago.  What does it write to the root file system when you don't
>> specify a temporary directory?
>
> after searching for control points:
>
> Searching for control points...
> Hugin's cpfind 2016.2.0.48cb11a23351
> based on Pan-o-matic by Anael Orlinski
>
> Written output to /tmp/ap_res2RPWJD
>
> Written output to /tmp/haXhtqCX

OK, these are just the small PTO files, which you showed in more
detail in your other post.

> after stitching:

Is this your comment?  It confuses the issue.  But after stitching
there's nothing left to do.

At least I have the information now, but unless nona or enblend are
hiding something, there's no evidence of any large files being written
to the temporary directory, so you might as well reset the preference
so that you don't have to start Hugin twice.  If you do run into the
root file system filling up again, take a look in the /tmp directory
and see what you can find.  My guess is that whatever the problem was,
it has gone into hiding.

Greg
--
Sent from my desktop computer.