Am Samstag, 24. September 2016 15:19:00 UTC+2 schrieb T. Modes:

> Am Dienstag, 20. September 2016 14:47:50 UTC+2 schrieb Bernd D:
>>
>> On site *Optimizer* in table *Image Orientation*, column *Trx*, *TrY*,
>> *TrZ* show only rounded to integer values.
>>
> No. The values are shown with 1 digit.

  Ok. And “0.04999999999999999” is show as “0” That's what I mean.

>>    1. On site *Stitcher*, edit fields *Horizontal* and *Vertical* show
>>    only rounded to integer values.
>>
>> Yes. The optimal fov calculates with a resolution of 1 deg. And the most
> use case is a panorama with a high fov. So for this use case you don't need
> a higher resolution.

No, the calculation is with double precision. Only the GUI Value is
rounded. If you let the edit field untouched then hugin use the unrounded
value.

For a 360° panorama with 10000pix is 1° error = 10000pix/1° * 360° = 28pix

>> Per default the *-–fullscale* option for *cpfind.exe* is not set.
>> Without this option *cpfind* work not correct (find lesser CPs and
>> misplace this).
>>
> Please don't state such general statements. In most case cpfind works fine
> without fullscale. There may be case where full scale is better suited,
> e.g. your images with a very low resolution and a repeating pattern. But
> this is specific to this use case and does not apply in general.

Sorry, I do not agree. It would have saved me several days troubleshooting
if someone had warned me against this pitfall.

Of course, this is not an error in cpfind. cpfind results can only be as
accurate as the input data. Without --fullscale, the accuracy is at least
halved. That may be acceptable. But I have total failures seen in the
absence of this option, which resulted that hugin run more than 3 hours on
a 25x25 mosaic of images with 1000x1000pix (Overlap approx 150pix). The
pictures were taken on a scanning electron microscope. After this time I
have give up and kill the process. With --fullscale it needs the expected
approximately
30 minutes.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/hugin-ptx/713298a1-b164-4c84-84d5-6675bbc5c62b%40googlegroups.com.