Ah yes, thx for reply.
I was looking at that as well. Adobe is using its own DNG converter
https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/adobe-dng-converter.html
I heard good things about it, but too bad for me that its only win/osx
again and it is yet again another layer of conversion. That is why i was
looking at UFRAW and DCRAW instead. Not sure if you have any test examples
but I was unable to find any meaninful differences where dcraw or ufraw
would destroy any raw data.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/hugin-ptx/6d4d5d51-70ba-4ccc-80ba-cb1116b60aee%40googlegroups.com.