On 07/11/2018 11:17 AM, Marcel Brouillet wrote:
> I read about demosaic-ing and did my RAW-101 class :-). I'm still a noob on
> this. I understand the process would involve a RAW sticher, the PTO being
> generated on some initial set of (rough) converted files. Yet...
> Vladimir, why do you have the need to separate the colors ? Can't the
> stitching be done on the array of Bayer data ?

I was thinking about something similar to "Bayer drizzle" algorithm
(soory, right now I can't find any good explanationon fof it, the
information on google is rather fragmented)

The input is bayer data, output is normal RGB image.

> Care has to be taken that
> red values be distorted and only put in red positions in the resulting
> array, before mixed with other red values from other distorted arrays. But
> then the resulting array is a giant RAW array, a panoramic RAW, that needs
> to be de-mosaic'ed, white-balanced, noise-reduced, etc... The advantage
> (quite certainly not worth the development, but theoretical) being that you
> handle the RAW processing on the entire pano, afterwards.
>
> In other words, programmatic care has to be taken that « *The next problem
> is that after remapping the Bayer pattern is destroyed* » be avoided.
>
> I foresee a possible objection, that raw values only have sense in relative
> values within a single shot, and that two shots do not share the same
> numeric conversion origins (i.e. measurement offset, inconsistent
> calibration of the A-to-N converter). Is that so ?

I see no advantage in saving output as Bayer data. For example
Rawtherapee handles tif files almost the same as raws.

Vladimir

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/hugin-ptx/170638c5-34f5-ca21-b638-e84225acebb0%40suse.cz.