To me the "project file not found" slightly rings a bell. There was a thread
about a similar error quite a while ago. I seem to remenber it contained a
solution.

Where do you tell the computer to save the .pto files before rendering. Not
that we have a "unicode-in-username-and-therefore-in-homedir-name" type of
problem or similar.