On Thursday, February 10, 2022 at 6:41:27 PM UTC-5 bruno...@gmail.com wrote:

> I experience this as trying to drag one node, but Hugin insists on
> dragging the previous (highlighted) nodes instead, which would make
> sense, but somehow the highlighted nodes seem to be more likely to get
> moved than the unselected node that is exactly where I clicked.
>
> If I understand you correctly:
You are indicating you had mask points so close together that this behavior
occurred.  I assume the way you use hugin (as opposed to the way I do) is
within the bounds of what hugin ought to support well.
I don't think you are saying that was a DESIRABLE behavior.

The code (usage of the function I changed) does (under certain conditions)
look first for selected points near enough to the click and only if that
fails looks for unselected points.  So the behavior you described is
exactly as expected from the code.  I hadn't tried that case yet, and had
not thought it through.  My code change only makes the problem you
described a little easier to work around.  It does not directly fix that
problem.  A slight rearrangement of conditions inside my code would
directly fix the problem you described.

Since you have seen symptoms of the basic issue I described, does that mean
you would like it corrected in hugin, and if so, is the basic approach I
selected (corrected for the case you mentioned) acceptable?