In case someone chooses to test this (push several points of a mask close
to each other, then try to select one to move or delete, etc.), I should
point out that
I did not yet post the related correction to the code used when you CTRL
click on a line to create a new point.  That is the same basic issue, but
in a different function.  In practical use that bad behavior is less likely
to matter than the bad behavior fixed by my code above.  So I thought
posting both corrections together would be confusing.  So in testing be
aware that the similar malfunction with CTRL down is actually different.