Thanks for the additional clarification. We are doing the following steps
1. pto_gen -o output.pto *.jpg --sort
 2. hugin_executor --assistant output.pto
 3. hugin_executor --stitching --prefix=prefix output.pto

And the images are numerically numbered starting from 0. And #2 and #3 can
be potentially combined into one step. The above approach ends up trying
all permutations.We also tried to provide the individual images during #1
and ended up with the same result.

>From reading the code
https://github.com/ndevenish/Hugin/blob/master/src/hugin1/executor/hugin_executor.cpp
looks like there isn't much option to provide "use the predefined order of
images''. Probably we may have to break it down into individual steps
to control the order better .

On Mon, Mar 25, 2024 at 4:09 PM Greg 'groggy' Lehey <groog...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Monday, 25 March 2024 at 11:19:52 -0700, Venkat wrote:
> >
> > Cool thanks for the note. I will see if we could tweak the assistant to
> > handle cpfind --prealigned. If you have the information handy, it would
> be
> > helpful as well.
>
> Again, I may be misunderstanding, but I'm not sure that --prealigned
> would help here.  From the --help (for some reason this isn't
> mentioned in the man page):
>
>   --prealigned    Match only overlapping images,
>                   requires a rough aligned panorama
>
> I haven't used it, but it seems that this is a second step, and I
> think you're looking for the first.
>
> Greg
> --
> Sent from my desktop computer.
> Finger groog...@gmail.com for PGP public key.
> See complete headers for address and phone numbers.
> This message is digitally signed.  If your Microsoft mail program
> reports problems, please read http://lemis.com/broken-MUA.php

> http://wiki.panotools.org/Hugin_FAQ
> ---
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/hugin-ptx/ZgIEOnHA1njWIiR7%40hydra.lemis.com
> .

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/hugin-ptx/CAGGBDJ%2Bm5VZsmL2xL3t-oo5MARt6xJ84pHTx2er3MENKtPDR9w%40mail.gmail.com.
  • [hugin-ptx] Providi... Venkat
    • [hugin-ptx] Re... 'T. Modes' via hugin and other free panoramic software
      • [hugin-ptx... Venkat
        • [hugin... PanoSeek
          • Re... Venkatramani Sankarlingam
        • Re: [h... Greg 'groggy' Lehey
          • Re... Venkatramani Sankarlingam
            • ... 'T. Modes' via hugin and other free panoramic software
              • ... Venkatramani Sankarlingam
            • ... Greg 'groggy' Lehey
              • ... 'T. Modes' via hugin and other free panoramic software
              • ... Venkat
                • ... Greg 'groggy' Lehey
                • ... Venkat
                • ... Greg 'groggy' Lehey
                • ... Venkat
                • ... 'T. Modes' via hugin and other free panoramic software