Hello Johannes

I think there are two bugs here.

First one is that each "dual-core compute unit" is reported as a single
core with two hardware threads. That's a kernel bug that appeared in
4.6. There's a fix at https://lkml.org/lkml/2016/11/29/852 but I don't
think it has been applied yet.

The second bug is a conflict between dual-core compute unit sharing and
L1i. I am not sure which one is actually buggy. Can you run
"HWLOC_COMPONENTS=x86 lstopo foo.xml" and send the generated foo.xml?
(this is our raw detection that works around the kernel detection).

Trying a Linux kernel <= 4.5 may help in the meantime.

thanks
Brice