Definitely!

I am using version 3.0 (the latest) of this SKD:
http://developer.amd.com/tools-and-sdks/opencl-zone/amd-accelerated-parallel-processing-app-sdk/

This, as far as I can tell, is a standard way to get opencl.so, which I
need to link to in order to use OpenCL.

What I made was a command line tool that shows hardware information
(similar to the "clinfo" command line tool) -- it's the show-info.cpp from
here: https://github.com/jogojapan/jogotools/tree/master/opencl

The makefile shows how it's linked to opencl.so from the SDK. At what point
exactly hwloc comes in I don't know.