On 08/31/2009 08:42 PM, Sebastian Moors wrote:
Hi,

Patrick Shirkey wrote:
Hi,

- I spent a few hours on coding a base layout of the mockup of the
interface today working from the PlaylistEditor interface with the
latest patches from Michael.

- I have put the files that I edited/created up at the following url:

http://boosthardware.com/code/hydrogen-sampler-gui.tar.bz2

- I would appreciate if someone wanted to take a look at the code. I
have just put a QScrollArea into the window with a QGridLayout inside it
and replicated the playerControls for each grid item. I am thinking of
the best way to add a label and volume control to the PixmapWidget class
or if it is better to create a new class for the grid item and just add
the playerControl widget to that without changing it.

Suggestions welcome.

Hi Patrick,

maybe it would be easier when you commit your changes to a branch in our
svn. What do you think?
Especially if you plan to do other mockups it is easier for us to follow
a branch then to pick files from an archive :)

I'm happy to update to a branch in svn. My sf.net username is kotau

I don't know much about AL, nothing beside some infos i gathered some
months ago when Gabriel mentioned it here on this list.
But if you decide to implement this, you can count on my help with all
gui and midi related stuff. I'm no help when it comes to the audio
related things :(

Cool.

I like especially the idea of another, more live-centered interface to
hydrogen. Would be cool if the grid becomes very flexible, so that it is
able to trigger not only patterns but single samples or groups of
patterns. If the buttons to start those objects are big enough, it
should be easy to use this even with a touchscreen on stage.
- Sebastian

Yes that would be very useful. The buttons are currently 120x100px so they are easily touchable given that the iphone app icons are 60x60 they are almost twice as big.

I have attached a screen shot of the current interface for convenience.

Cheers.

Patrick Shirkey
Boost Hardware Ltd