Hi Katty

Samples are the basic building blocks of a hydrogen 'drumkit', In other
words : a drumkit is a collection of samples

So if you want to contribute to hydrogen you need to create a drumkit
first.  Once your drumkit is ready we can then upload it to our server so
everyone can download and use it

Creating a drumkit is not hard, it just takes a bit of work.  The process
is described here in the manual
<http://www.hydrogen-music.org/hcms/node/5#sect.instrument_editing.new_kit>

1 important tip : record your samples in the best way possible (mind your
gain, make sure you have no clipping and of course use the best recording
equipment you can get your hands on) and trim your samples before you start
with the creation of the drumkit.  This will save you a lot of time !

i'm looking forward to hearing your work soon !

grtz

Thijs