\o/ \o/~~~~~~~~(((( Hidup oleh Roh, Dipimpin oleh Roh, Gal.5:25 ))))~~~~~~~\o/
\o/

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

DAILY DEVOTIONAL

"For me to live is Christ."-Philippians 1:21.
THE believer did not always live to Christ. He began to do so when God the Holy
Spirit convinced him of sin, and when by grace he was brought to see the dying
Saviour making a propitiation for his guilt. From the moment of the new and
celestial birth the man begins to live to Christ. Jesus is to believers the one
pearl of great price, for whom we are willing to part with all that we have. He
has so completely won our love, that it beats alone for Him; to His glory we
would live, and in defence of His gospel we would die; He is the pattern of our
life, and the model after which we would sculpture our character. Paul's words
mean more than most men think; they imply that the aim and end of his life was
Christ-nay, his life itself was Jesus. In the words of an ancient saint, he did
eat, and drink, and sleep eternal life. Jesus was his very breath, the soul of
his soul, the heart of his heart, the life of his life. Can you say, as a
professing Christian, that you live up to this idea? Can you honestly say that
for you to live is Christ? Your business-are you doing it for Christ? Is it not
done for self-aggrandizement and for family advantage? Do you ask, "Is that a
mean reason?" For the Christian it is. He professes to live for Christ; how can
he live for another object without committing a spiritual adultery? Many there
are who carry out this principle in some measure; but who is there that dare
say that he hath lived wholly for Christ as the apostle did? Yet, this alone is
the true life of a Christian-its source, its sustenance, its fashion, its end,
all gathered up in one word-Christ Jesus. Lord, accept me; I here present
myself, praying to live only in Thee and to Thee. Let me be as the bullock
which stands between the plough and the altar, to work or to be sacrificed; and
let my motto be, "Ready for either."
My sister, my spouse."-Song of Solomon 4:12.

OBSERVE the sweet titles with which the heavenly Solomon with intense affection
addresses His bride the church. "My sister, one near to me by ties of nature,
partaker of the same sympathies. My spouse, nearest and dearest, united to me
by the tenderest bands of love; my sweet companion, part of my own self. My
sister, by my Incarnation, which makes me bone of thy bone and flesh of thy
flesh; my spouse, by heavenly betrothal, in which I have espoused thee unto
myself in righteousness. My sister, whom I knew of old, and over whom I watched
from her earliest infancy; my spouse, taken from among the daughters, embraced
by arms of love, and affianced unto me for ever. See how true it is that our
royal Kinsman is not ashamed of us, for He dwells with manifest delight upon
this two-fold relationship. We have the word "my" twice in our version; as if
Christ dwelt with rapture on His possession of His Church. "His delights were
with the sons of men," because those sons of men were His own chosen ones. He,
the Shepherd, sought the sheep, because they were His sheep; He has gone about
"to seek and to save that which was lost," because that which was lost was His
long before it was lost to itself or lost to Him. The church is the exclusive
portion of her Lord; none else may claim a partnership, or pretend to share her
love. Jesus, thy church delights to have it so! Let every believing soul drink
solace out of these wells. Soul! Christ is near to thee in ties of
relationship; Christ is dear to thee in bonds of marriage union, and thou art
dear to Him; behold He grasps both of thy hands with both His own, saying, "My
sister, my spouse." Mark the two sacred holdfasts by which thy Lord gets such a
double hold of thee that He neither can nor will ever let thee go. Be not, O
beloved, slow to return the hallowed flame of His love.

2 Corinthians 13:1-2
(1) This is the third time I am coming to you. In the mouth of two or three
witnesses shall every word be established. (2) I told you before, and foretell
you, as if I were present, the second time; and being absent now I write to
them which heretofore have sinned, and to all other, that, if I come again, I
will not spare:

One witness shall not rise against a man concerning any iniquity or any sin
that he commits; by the mouth of two or three witnesses the matter shall be
established.
So reads the law regarding witnesses, as recorded in Deuteronomy 19:15.
In II Corinthians 13, the apostle Paul puts an intriguing twist on this law.
Here, two or three witnesses are not different people, but different trips. The
"two or three witnesses" are successive trips he made to Corinth. Each separate
trip-or more correctly, his teaching during each separate trip-stands as a
witness against those who fail to receive correction. Paul's various visits to
Corinth provide several witnesses against those who continue to sin.

Notice II Corinthians 13:1-2 from the Berkeley Version:
This is my third visit to you. "In the mouth of two or three witnesses every
statement shall be confirmed." I said, while previously there on my second
visit, and I say it before my arrival while still absent, to those who kept on
in their old sins and to all the rest, that when I come once more I shall not
spare.
The message is the witness. Paul understood that, over time, one person can
provide a number of witnesses. One person, several witnesses! This
understanding has an important application for those of us who labor in the
twilight of "this present evil age" ( Galatians 1:4). In part, that application
is this: The Messiah is to preach the Good News-the gospel-of His Father's
Kingdom in two visits; His message will take the form of Two Witnesses. We
commonly call them His two ministries or His first and second comings.
His first visit-or witness-took place nearly 2,000 years ago. Christ introduced
it one Sabbath day by reading Isaiah 61:1-2 in Nazareth's synagogue. His
Galilean audience were filled with wrath, and rose up and thrust Him out of the
city; and they led Him to the brow of the hill on which their city was built,
that they might throw Him down over the cliff. ( Luke 4:28-29)
History repeats itself. When Christ soon stands to read Isaiah 61:2-3, many,
unable to recognize Him as their Messiah, will respond as did the Galileans. At
Christ's second "visit," His second witness, many will again be "filled with
wrath" and seek to destroy Him ( Revelation 19:19).

Charles Whitaker
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

DAILY DEVOTIONAL

I will be their God."-Jeremiah 31:33.
CHRISTIAN! here is all thou canst require. To make thee happy thou wantest
something that shall satisfy thee; and is not this enough? If thou canst pour
this promise into thy cup, wilt thou not say, with David, "My cup runneth over;
I have more than heart can wish"? When this is fulfilled, "I am thy God," art
thou not possessor of all things? Desire is insatiable as death, but He who
filleth all in all can fill it. The capacity of our wishes who can measure? but
the immeasurable wealth of God can more than overflow it. I ask thee if thou
art not complete when God is thine? Dost thou want anything but God? Is not His
all-sufficiency enough to satisfy thee if all else should fail? But thou
wantest more than quiet satisfaction; thou desirest rapturous delight. Come,
soul, here is music fit for heaven in this thy portion, for God is the Maker of
Heaven. Not all the music blown from sweet instruments, or drawn from living
strings, can yield such melody as this sweet promise, "I will be their God."
Here is a deep sea of bliss, a shoreless ocean of delight; come, bathe thy
spirit in it; swim an age, and thou shalt find no shore; dive throughout
eternity, and thou shalt find no bottom. "I will be their God." If this do not
make thine eyes sparkle, and thy heart beat high with bliss, then assuredly thy
soul is not in a healthy state. But thou wantest more than present
delights-thou cravest something concerning which thou mayest exercise hope; and
what more canst thou hope for than the fulfillment of this great promise, "I
will be their God"? This is the masterpiece of all the promises; its enjoyment
makes a heaven below, and will make a heaven above. Dwell in the light of thy
Lord, and let thy soul be always ravished with His love. Get out the marrow and
fatness which this portion yields thee. Live up to thy privileges, and rejoice
with unspeakable joy.

"Serve the Lord with gladness."-Psalm 100:2.
DELIGHT in divine service is a token of acceptance. Those who serve God with a
sad countenance, because they do what is unpleasant to them, are not serving
Him at all; they bring the form of homage, but the life is absent. Our God
requires no slaves to grace His throne; He is the Lord of the empire of love,
and would have His servants dressed in the livery of joy. The angels of God
serve Him with songs, not with groans; a murmur or a sigh would be a mutiny in
their ranks. That obedience which is not voluntary is disobedience, for the
Lord looketh at the heart, and if He seeth that we serve Him from force, and
not because we love Him, He will reject our offering. Service coupled with
cheerfulness is heart-service, and therefore true. Take away joyful willingness
from the Christian, and you have removed the test of his sincerity. If a man be
driven to battle, he is no patriot; but he who marches into the fray with
flashing eye and beaming face, singing, "It is sweet for one's country to die,"
proves himself to be sincere in his patriotism. Cheerfulness is the support of
our strength; in the joy of the Lord are we strong. It acts as the remover of
difficulties. It is to our service what oil is to the wheels of a railway
carriage. Without oil the axle soon grows hot, and accidents occur; and if
there be not a holy cheerfulness to oil our wheels, our spirits will be clogged
with weariness. The man who is cheerful in his service of God, proves that
obedience is his element; he can sing,
"Make me to walk in Thy commands,
'Tis a delightful road."

Reader, let us put this question-do you serve the Lord with gladness? Let us
show to the people of the world, who think our religion to be slavery, that it
is to us a delight and a joy! Let our gladness proclaim that we serve a good
Master.

Romans 3:18
(18) There is no fear of God before their eyes.

Why are people lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God ( II Timothy 3:4)?
Why are people so indifferent to the state of their spiritual well-being? Why
has the Bible been relegated to little more than a coffee table display? Why
are people so defiant toward heaven and so little concerned about sin? Romans
3:18, following a long list of sins prominent among men, says in summation,
"There is no fear of God before their eyes."
Do today's churches of this world teach the fear of God, or has their teaching
turned Him into a divine, snugly teddy bear, a benign but doddering
grandfather, or maybe an absentee landlord busy doing other things? God's Word
says, "The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge" ( Proverbs 1:7),
adding later, "The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom, and the
knowledge of the Holy One is understanding" ( Proverbs 9:10). These two verses,
even without any other confirmation, reveal that the fear of God is very
important, yet so frequently the ministry of this world tries to blunt the
force of the word "fear." Nevertheless, it means in Hebrew exactly what it
means in English, encompassing everything from a faint but grudging respect to
outright terror.
However, neither outright terror nor faint respect produce a good relationship.
Neither will win another's heart. God wants more from us, more than a mere
healthy respect. He wants us to have a deep, abiding, and reverential awe for
Him. Being all-powerful, holy, just, good, kind, careful, encouraging,
inspiring, merciful, patient, loving, forgiving, and wise, He is far more than
One we should simply respect.
Americans, especially, have been taught to be familiar and casual in our
attitudes toward others, and this carries over into our attitude toward and
relationship with God. It is a form of the "I'm just as good as you, and you
will just have to accept me just as I am" approach. A disrespectful and
sometimes even defiant attitude is born. But what is the Bible's counsel? Paul
tells us that even among ourselves, "Let nothing be done through selfish
ambition or conceit, but in lowliness of mind let each esteem others better
than himself" ( Philippians 2:3). What about familiarity with God? Peter tells
us to honor all people, love the brotherhood, and honor the king-but we are to
fear God ( I Peter 2:17). Do we hear much teaching that will incline us to
revere God's majesty?
Do we unconsciously think that the fear of God is something only the
unconverted need? Since Proverbs 9:10 says, "The fear of the LORD is the
beginning of wisdom," and since wisdom in its simplest form is skill or right
application, who needs wisdom more than God's children? Reverential awe is
wisdom's foundation, because it moves us to obedience, and God gives His Spirit
to those who obey Him. Paul writes in Philippians 2:12, "Therefore, my beloved,
as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my
absence, work out you own salvation with fear and trembling."
We need this quality more than anybody does because our eternal life is on the
line. It used to be that someone known to believe in God was referred to as
"God-fearing." This was obvious to others because they knew the person obeyed
God and were very concerned about what God said. It marked their relationship
with God and set them apart from others. Fearing not only makes a great witness
before others, it also pays great dividends, as Psalm 103:13 shows. "As a
father pities His children, so the LORD pities those who fear Him." We all want
God to be compassionate toward us.
In I Peter 2:21, the apostle instructs us to follow Christ's steps, suggesting
that He is the model after whom we must pattern our lives. Did He fear God?
"[Jesus], in the days of His flesh, when He had offered up prayers and
supplications, with vehement cries and tears to Him who was able to save Him
from death, and was heard because of His godly fear" ( Hebrews 5:7). Notice
especially the link connecting His being saved from death and being heard
because He feared. Christ acknowledged God's sovereignty through a deeply held
reverential awe, showing that answered prayer, eternal life, and the fear of
God are intertwined.
This is true because the fear of God is the beginning of wisdom. Wisdom is
right application, and right application is obedience. Jesus Christ obeyed God
perfectly. His fear was not an occasional burst of deep respect-as ours so
often is-but sustained and built throughout His entire life. It had to be this
way because His trials intensified as He aged, and His need of godly fear
became ever more urgent.

John W. Ritenbaugh
>From   Sovereignty and Its Fruit: Part Ten

o)----------------------[ Hapus dan Edit Pesan yang tidak perlu

o)---------------------------( Milis ini didukung oleh I-KAN

http://rdsb.org ; http://beritasorgawi.com ; http://ob.or.id ;
http://revival.or.id
Berhenti dari Milis : [EMAIL PROTECTED] Langganan Milis : [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Administrasi & Teknis : [EMAIL PROTECTED]
petunjuk nomail,mail,digest,gantiemail : [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Untuk info lebih lanjut kunjungi web kami di http://revival.or.id

Kirim email ke