\o/ \o/~~~~~~~~(((( Hidup oleh Roh, Dipimpin oleh Roh, Gal.5:25 ))))~~~~~~~\o/
\o/

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

daily devotional

"And David enquired of the Lord."-2 Samuel 5:23.
WHEN David made this enquiry he had just fought the Philistines, and gained a
signal victory. The Philistines came up in great hosts, but, by the help of
God, David had easily put them to flight. Note, however, that when they came a
second time, David did not go up to fight them without enquiring of the Lord.
Once he had been victorious, and he might have said, as many have in other
cases, "I shall be victorious again; I may rest quite sure that if I have
conquered once I shall triumph yet again. Wherefore should I tarry to seek at
the Lord's hands?" Not so, David. He had gained one battle by the strength of
the Lord; he would not venture upon another until he had ensured the same. He
enquired, "Shall I go up against them?" He waited until God's sign was given.
Learn from David to take no step without God. Christian, if thou wouldst know
the path of duty, take God for thy compass; if thou wouldst steer thy ship
through the dark billows, put the tiller into the hand of the Almighty. Many a
rock might be escaped, if we would let our Father take the helm; many a shoal
or quicksand we might well avoid, if we would leave to His sovereign will to
choose and to command. The Puritan said, "As sure as ever a Christian carves
for himself, he'll cut his own fingers;" this is a great truth. Said another
old divine, "He that goes before the cloud of God's providence goes on a fool's
errand;" and so he does. We must mark God's providence leading us; and if
providence tarries, tarry till providence comes. He who goes before providence,
will be very glad to run back again. "I will instruct thee and teach thee in
the way which thou shalt go," is God's promise to His people. Let us, then,
take all our perplexities to Him, and say, "Lord, what wilt thou have me to
do?" Leave not thy chamber this morning without enquiring of the Lord.

"Lead us not into temptation; but deliver us from evil [or, the evil
one]."-Luke 11:4.
WHAT we are taught to seek or shun in prayer, we should equally pursue or avoid
in action. Very earnestly, therefore, should we avoid temptation, seeking to
walk so guardedly in the path of obedience, that we may never tempt the devil
to tempt us. We are not to enter the thicket in search of the lion. Dearly
might we pay for such presumption. This lion may cross our path or leap upon us
from the thicket, but we have nothing to do with hunting him. He that meeteth
with him, even though he winneth the day, will find it a stern struggle. Let
the Christian pray that he may be spared the encounter. Our Saviour, who had
experience of what temptation meant, thus earnestly admonished His
disciples-"Pray that ye enter not into temptation."
But let us do as we will, we shall be tempted; hence the prayer "deliver us
from evil." God had one Son without sin; but He has no son without temptation.
The natural man is born to trouble as the sparks fly upwards, and the Christian
man is born to temptation just as certainly. We must be always on our watch
against Satan, because, like a thief, he gives no intimation of his approach.
Believers who have had experience of the ways of Satan, know that there are
certain seasons when he will most probably make an attack, just as at certain
seasons bleak winds may be expected; thus the Christian is put on a double
guard by fear of danger, and the danger is averted by preparing to meet it.
Prevention is better than cure: it is better to be so well armed that the devil
will not attack you, than to endure the perils of the fight, even though you
come off a conqueror. Pray this evening first that you may not be tempted, and
next that if temptation be permitted, you may be delivered from the evil one.

John 6:32-35
(32) Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Moses gave you
not that bread from heaven; but my Father giveth you the true bread from
heaven. (33) For the bread of God is he which cometh down from heaven, and
giveth life unto the world. (34) Then said they unto him, Lord, evermore give
us this bread. (35) And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that
cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never
thirst.

In verses 32-33, Jesus makes His first obvious move to reveal that we are to
eat of Him. Put into modern English, Jesus says, "Moses was merely God's agent
who gave directions to the people on how to collect the manna. My Father in
heaven is the real Giver. Even if you consider Moses to be the giver, he did
not give the real heavenly bread. The Father is right now giving the real bread
from heaven. I am that real bread of life." Jesus is the One we are to ingest
and assimilate into our lives.
Jesus does not mean that manna had no physical value but that it was not a
means of sustaining spiritual life. Nothing physical can do this. Physical
things may please us, even exhilarate us, but they can give no lasting sense of
well-being.
Clearly, Jesus intends that we understand all of this spiritually, including
the word "life." Life, as Jesus means it, is the way God has lived from
eternity. In and through Christ, we can share in it if we will "eat" Him, the
"bread" of that life. In verse 34, the people reply, "Lord, give us this bread
always," showing that they now understand enough to desire the bread but not
its spiritual application. In verse 35, then, He responds by identifying
Himself undeniably as the bread of life, adding, "He who comes to Me shall
never hunger, and he who believes in Me shall never thirst." He declares that
He is the only permanent satisfaction for the human desire for life and that
attaining this satisfaction hinges on belief, a commitment to Him based on
trust.
When we connect this final thought with verses 26-29, it becomes clear that
faith, which enables the establishment of an intimate fellowship and union with
Him, makes it possible to ingest and assimilate Him spiritually. By
assimilating Him spiritually, as we assimilate bread physically, man can attain
everlasting life.
The faith or belief Christ means is a deep-seated commitment exercised by
humbly coming to Him as one who knows that he has nothing and needs everything
to have the kind of life God lives. Much as a plant turns towards the sun, one
with a commitment like this will turn to Him for everything, knowing that
without Him we can do nothing ( John 15:5).

John W. Ritenbaugh
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

daily devotional

Evening ...
Luke 11:4
[...]

Isaiah 44:22
I have blotted out, as a thick cloud, thy transgressions, and, as a cloud, thy
sins: return unto Me; for I have redeemed thee.
Attentively observe THE INSTRUCTIVE SIMILITUDE: our sins are like a cloud. As
clouds are of many shapes and shades, so are our transgressions. As clouds
obscure the light of the sun, and darken the landscape beneath, so do our sins
hide from us the light of Jehovah's face, and cause us to sit in the shadow of
death. They are earth-born things, and rise from the miry places of our nature;
and when so collected that their measure is full, they threaten us with storm
and tempest. Alas! that, unlike clouds, our sins yield us no genial showers,
but rather threaten to deluge us with a fiery flood of destruction. O ye black
clouds of sin, how can it be fair weather with our souls while ye remain? Let
our joyful eye dwell upon THE NOTABLE ACT of divine mercy-"blotting out." God
Himself appears upon the scene, and in divine benignity, instead of manifesting
His anger, reveals His grace: He at once and for ever effectually removes the
mischief, not by blowing away the cloud, but by blotting it out from existence
once for all. Against the justified man no sin remains, the great transaction
of the cross has eternally removed His transgressions from him. On Calvary's
summit the great deed, by which the sin of all the chosen was for ever put
away, was completely and effectually performed. Practically let us obey THE
GRACIOUS COMMAND, "return unto me."Why should pardoned sinners live at a
distance from their God? If we have been forgiven all our sins, let no legal
fear withhold us from the boldest access to our Lord. Let backslidings be
bemoaned, but let us not persevere in them. To the greatest possible nearness
of communion with the Lord, let us, in the power of the Holy Spirit, strive
mightily to return. O Lord, this night restore us!

1 Corinthians 2:2
(2) For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and
him crucified.

First, notice that Paul does not say the only thing he would preach was Christ
and the crucifixion, as some have assumed; he says the only thing he would know
among the Corinthians was Christ, the One crucified. The Amplified Bible
renders it this way: "For I resolved to know nothing (to be acquainted with
nothing, to make a display of the knowledge of nothing, and to be conscious of
nothing) among you except Jesus Christ (the Messiah) and Him crucified."
Looking at the audience (the people of Corinth were Greek) and the verses
preceding this one, it is clear that Paul's intent is not to be distracted by
extraneous topics that the Corinthians might have been more inclined to listen
to. His statement in verse 2 ties back to two different themes before it:
For it has been declared to me concerning you, my brethren, by those of Chloe's
household, that there are contentions among you. Now I say this, that each of
you says, "I am of Paul," or "I am of Apollos," or "I am of Cephas," or "I am
of Christ." Is Christ divided? Was Paul crucified for you? Or were you baptized
in the name of Paul? ( I Corinthians 1:11-13)
At the beginning of the letter, we see that Corinth seemed to be more focused
on the human leadership than on the Messiah. Paul's statement in I Corinthians
2:2 gives an answer to this. He says, in effect, "I'm not going to be focused
on myself, or on any other servant of God; I'm going to be focused on God
Himself."

The second theme starts in I Corinthians 1:18 and goes through the end of the
chapter. Paul is addressing something else the Corinthians were dealing with:
The Greeks are renowned for their love of human wisdom, philosophy,
metaphysics, and debate, as well as a religious system of multiple gods and
goddesses. To such a mindset, the fact that a God would not only submit Himself
to a lower (human) form, but also die for the very people He created, was
unthinkable! This is why Paul says in I Corinthians 1:23, "But we preach Christ
crucified, to the Jews a stumblingblock and to the Greeks foolishness." The God
of Christianity, and the whole Christian system, did not make any sense to the
Greek philosophers, intellectuals, and theologians.

Paul contrasts the Greek ideals, which were largely humanist, with the godly
ideals. In I Corinthians 1:26-29 Paul shows that God is not interested in what
the Greeks (or mankind in general) were interested in; instead, He called the
weak, the base, the foolish things of this world to confound the wise, the
mighty, the noble-those that the Greek world certainly would have been holding
in high esteem. Paul continues this thought in I Corithians 2:1, where he says
he did not come to the Corinthians with "excellency of speech" or "wisdom"-
again, things the Greeks regarded highly. Instead, as verse 2 says, he came to
"know" Christ among them and Him crucified.

It is evident from Paul's letters to the Corinthian church, as well as his
other writings, that the life and death of Christ were not his only topics. I
Corinthians 5 explains the defilement of immorality. Chapter 6 deals with
working things out among the brethren rather than taking matters to a civil
court. Chapter 7 contains principles of marriage. Chapter 8 covers not defiling
the conscience. Chapter 9 speaks of service and self-denial. It is easy to see
that Paul wrote on a great deal more than just the life and death of Jesus
Christ-they were just the starting point for his instruction. With Christ's
sinless life and willing self-sacrifice comes remission of our sins, and
justification-being brought into alignment with God and His inexorable law.
Once we have been forgiven and have entered into the New Covenant, our
responsibility becomes focusing on the Christian walk and conforming our life
to the life of Christ. This is where all of Paul's instructions on "Christian
living" come into play.

The ultimate reason for this is that the gospel message is not just about our
forgiveness of sins through Christ's sacrifice. The gospel is also about the
soon-coming Kingdom and government of God. The scriptural evidence that the
Kingdom is a foundational part of the gospel is overwhelming:
In those days John the Baptist came preaching in the wilderness of Judea, and
saying, "Repent, for the kingdom of* heaven is at hand!" ( Matthew 3:1-2)
(*Note: In Matthew's gospel, he refers to the kingdom as being "of heaven,"
whereas the other three gospel writers refer to the " Kingdom of God." "Of"
indicates possession; it is heaven's kingdom. See the article, "Is Heaven the
Reward of the Saved?")

>From that time Jesus began to preach and to say, "Repent, for the kingdom of
>heaven is at hand." ( Matthew 4:17)

And Jesus went about all Galilee, teaching in their synagogues, preaching the
gospel of the kingdom, and healing all kinds of sickness and all kinds of
disease among the people. ( Matthew 4:23-24)

For assuredly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, one jot or one
tittle will by no means pass from the law till all is fulfilled. Whoever
therefore breaks one of the least of these commandments, and teaches men so,
shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever does and teaches
them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven. For I say to you, that
unless your righteousness exceeds the righteousness of the scribes and
Pharisees, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven. ( Matthew 5:18-20)

But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things
shall be added to you. ( Matthew 6:33)

Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord,' shall enter the kingdom of heaven,
but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. ( Matthew 7:21)
Then Jesus went about all the cities and villages, teaching in their
synagogues, preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing every sickness and
every disease among the people. ( Matthew 9:35)

The Son of Man will send out His angels, and they will gather out of His
kingdom all things that offend, and those who practice lawlessness, and will
cast them into the furnace of fire. There will be wailing and gnashing of
teeth. Then the righteous will shine forth as the sun in the kingdom of their
Father. He who has ears to hear, let him hear! ( Matthew 13:41-43)
And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in all the world as a witness
to all the nations, and then the end will come. (Matt 24:14)

Now after John was put in prison, Jesus came to Galilee, preaching the gospel
of the kingdom of God, and saying, "The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of
God is at hand. Repent, and believe in the gospel." ( Mark 1:14-15)
This is just a small sample from Matthew's account (with an additional verse
from Mark to demonstrate what Christ preached)-and it does not even include the
parables, the vast majority of which were about the Kingdom!

Paul also wrote a considerable amount about the Kingdom, even to the Corinthian
church ( I Corinthians 4:20; 6:9-11; 15:20-25; 15:50; Galatians 5:19-21;
Ephesians 5:5; II Thessalonians 1:3-5; II Timothy 4:1-2; Hebrews 12:28-29).
James also spoke of inheriting the Kingdom in his epistle ( James 2:5), as did
Peter ( II Peter 1:10-11).

In the face of all of this evidence, it is clear that the soon-coming Kingdom
of God, which will be ruled by Jesus Christ on earth ( Zechariah 14:3-5, 9;
Matthew 5:5, Revelation 5:10; 20:4-6), was certainly a significant part of what
Jesus Christ preached, as well as what Paul wrote about. The gospel is not
about Christ or the Kingdom; it is about both. It is the good news that a
relationship is available with our Creator, on the basis of a sinless life
sacrificed on our behalf, but that is only the beginning. The Kingdom is what
we are striving for-living eternally with God, and as He lives-but it is
evident that not all will make it into the Kingdom. Men have rejected, and
continue to reject, the law of the King, and in doing so they signify that they
do not want to be ruled by God ( Romans 8:7). The perfect work that Christ did
is really just the starting point. It allows for the relationship with God to
start, but it also obligates us to respond to God in submission and obedience.
God is not going to have someone in His Kingdom who will not be ruled by Him!
It is our responsibility to begin living now as we will be living in the
Kingdom.
This is why Christ and John the Baptist specifically link repentance with the
Kingdom of God. Repentance is a wholehearted turning from the ways and acts
which caused our Lord to have to be crucified. The first part of repentance is
determining what sin is: "Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law:
for sin is the transgression of the law" ( I John 3:4, KJV). It is our
transgression of the law which caused Christ to have to die for us. Now that
our sins have been forgiven, are we free to live in sin (iniquity, lawlessness)
again? "What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin [shall we continue to
transgress the law] that grace may abound? Certainly not! How shall we who died
to sin live any longer in it?" ( Romans 6:1-2). Part of our obligation is to
determine from God's Word what is the right way to live, the way that is in
alignment with God and not enmity against Him ( Romans 8:7). God has codified
this right way to live in His law; it is up to us to follow through with it!

To focus only on the crucifixion of Christ, to the exclusion of His teachings
and examples, as well as the instructions contained in the rest of the Book, is
to fail to understand the depth of what God is doing. To leave Christ hanging
on the cross, as it were, is to emphasize our forgiveness above what is then
required of us.
David C. Grabbe

o)----------------------[ Hapus dan Edit Pesan yang tidak perlu

o)---------------------------( Milis ini didukung oleh I-KAN

http://rdsb.org ; http://beritasorgawi.com ; http://ob.or.id ;
http://revival.or.id
Berhenti dari Milis : [EMAIL PROTECTED] Langganan Milis : [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Administrasi & Teknis : [EMAIL PROTECTED]
petunjuk nomail,mail,digest,gantiemail : [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Untuk info lebih lanjut kunjungi web kami di http://revival.or.id

Kirim email ke