\o/ \o/~~~~~~~~(((( Hidup oleh Roh, Dipimpin oleh Roh, Gal.5:25 ))))~~~~~~~\o/
\o/

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

daily devotional

Morning ...
Galatians 3:26
Ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.

The fatherhood of God is common to all his children. Ah! Little-faith, you have
often said, "Oh that I had the courage of Great-heart, that I could wield his
sword and be as valiant as he! But, alas, I stumble at every straw, and a
shadow makes me afraid." List thee, Little-faith. Great-heart is God's child,
and you are God's child too; and Great-heart is not one whit more God's child
than you are. Peter and Paul, the highly- favoured apostles, were of the family
of the Most High; and so are you also; the weak Christian is as much a child of
God as the strong one.
"This cov'nant stands secure,
Though earth's old pillars bow;
The strong, the feeble, and the weak,
Are one in Jesus now."
All the names are in the same family register. One may have more grace than
another, but God our heavenly Father has the same tender heart towards all. One
may do more mighty works, and may bring more glory to his Father, but he whose
name is the least in the kingdom of heaven is as much the child of God as he
who stands among the King's mighty men. Let this cheer and comfort us, when we
draw near to God and say, "Our Father." Yet, while we are comforted by knowing
this, let us not rest contented with weak faith, but ask, like the Apostles, to
have it increased. However feeble our faith may be, if it be real faith in
Christ, we shall reach heaven at last, but we shall not honour our Master much
on our pilgrimage, neither shall we abound in joy and peace. If then you would
live to Christ's glory, and be happy in His service, seek to be filled with the
spirit of adoption more and more completely, till perfect love shall cast out
fear.

2 Corinthians 13:5
(5) Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know
ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be
reprobates?

Do you not know yourselves? - We have all learned many things through trial and
suffering over the years, but it has not been all pain and agony. At various
times, we have abounded with joy, contentment, peace, and growth as well, and
we should thank God who has engineered and authored these blessings. However,
beyond honestly identifying how far we have come, we also need to recognize and
acknowledge the stony parts that are still in us, repenting before God with our
whole hearts.
As Paul says in I Corinthians 6:19-20, "Or do you not know that your body is
the temple of the Holy Spirit which is in you, which you have from God, and you
are not your own? For you were bought at a price; therefore glorify God in your
body and in your spirit, which are God's." To paraphrase, do we not realize the
magnitude of our relationship with God and the obligation this puts us under to
live every second as an example of God's way of life? God's people are not
ordinary in any sense!
Solomon writes in Proverbs 4:23, "Keep your heart with all diligence, for out
of it spring the issues of life." The heart, the mind, is the storehouse of our
character. We must spend time in meditation and in prayer asking for insight
from God to reveal to us exactly who we are-inside-where normally only God can
see. We must implore Him for understanding about who we really are right now in
His eyes. We need this information to understand properly our relationship with
Him.
This is a solemn and sobering process, but it should not be something we fear.
Still, we must come to God in this process with humility and a heart ready to
repent immediately of flaws that He shows us. This process is not superficial
by any means, but one designed to reach to the very heart of our being.
Remember, God may be a consuming fire to His enemies ( Hebrews 12:29), but to
His own children, He is a boundless provider and loving Father ( Ephesians
3:14-21). He is quick to forgive if we freely confess our sins to Him ( I John
1:9).
Greg Smith
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Morning ...
Romans 4:20
Strong in faith.

Christian, take good care of thy faith; for recollect faith is the only way
whereby thou canst obtain blessings. If we want blessings from God, nothing can
fetch them down but faith. Prayer cannot draw down answers, from God's throne
except it be the earnest prayer of the man who believes. Faith is the angelic
messenger between the soul and the Lord Jesus in glory. Let that angel be
withdrawn, we can neither send up prayer, nor receive the answers. Faith is the
telegraphic wire which links earth and heaven-on which God's messages of love
fly so fast, that before we call He answers, and while we are yet speaking He
hears us. But if that telegraphic wire of faith be snapped, how can we receive
the promise? Am I in trouble?-I can obtain help for trouble by faith. Am I
beaten about by the enemy?-my soul on her dear Refuge leans by faith. But take
faith away-in vain I call to God. There is no road betwixt my soul and heaven.
In the deepest wintertime faith is a road on which the horses of prayer may
travel-ay, and all the better for the biting frost; but blockade the road, and
how can we communicate with the Great King? Faith links me with divinity. Faith
clothes me with the power of God. Faith engages on my side the omnipotence of
Jehovah. Faith ensures every attribute of God in my defence. It helps me to
defy the hosts of hell. It makes me march triumphant over the necks of my
enemies. But without faith how can I receive anything of the Lord? Let not him
that wavereth-who is like a wave of the Sea-expect that he will receive
anything of God! O, then, Christian, watch well thy faith; for with it thou
canst win all things, however poor thou art, but without it thou canst obtain
nothing. "If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth."

1 Kings 3:5-10
(5) In Gibeon the LORD appeared to Solomon in a dream by night: and God said,
Ask what I shall give thee. (6) And Solomon said, Thou hast showed unto thy
servant David my father great mercy, according as he walked before thee in
truth, and in righteousness, and in uprightness of heart with thee; and thou
hast kept for him this great kindness, that thou hast given him a son to sit on
his throne, as it is this day. (7) And now, O LORD my God, thou hast made thy
servant king instead of David my father: and I am but a little child: I know
not how to go out or come in. (8) And thy servant is in the midst of thy people
which thou hast chosen, a great people, that cannot be numbered nor counted for
multitude. (9) Give therefore thy servant an understanding heart to judge thy
people, that I may discern between good and bad: for who is able to judge this
thy so great a people? (10) And the speech pleased the LORD, that Solomon had
asked this thing.

Did anyone ever have such a good start as Solomon? Perhaps the outstanding
thing was his attitude when he asked this of God. Commentators feel that he was
somewhere around twenty years old when this occurred. His youthfulness shows in
what he felt about himself in relation to what had become his responsibility.
He says, "I am a little child. I do not know how to go out or come in." In
other words, "I don't know how to conduct the affairs of office. I feel that I
am not adequate to do the job that has been given to me."
He began with such promise, and maybe most of all was that wonderful attitude.
It was childlike. He was humble, willing to listen, willing to be admonished
and commanded by God. This is why God responded as He did.
Jesus Christ said, "To whom much is given, much is required." Very few have
ever been given as much as Solomon had. So, he is an excellent study case of
one who neglected his gifts in favor of something of lesser value. The cause of
his fall is here summarized in I Kings 11:1-10.
Solomon had very special evidence of God's love. There are four examples of
this:
He was chosen king contrary to the normal custom. He was hand-picked to do the
job. Had the normal custom been followed, Adonijah would have been made king,
but it fell to Solomon instead. Of course, God is the one who sets kings up and
puts them down, and He chose Solomon to succeed David.
He was given a change of name. Just like Abram's name was changed to Abraham,
Jacob's name was changed to Israel, and Saul's name was changed to Paul, people
who went through unusual experiences sometimes receive a name change to reflect
the change that had occurred in their lives. Solomon's name was "Jedidiah,"
which means "beloved of the LORD." His name was a special assignment to
him-someone that God really smiled upon.
He received every benefit imaginable: understanding, wisdom, wealth, and power.
Of course, the Bible indicates that these things flowed from God-for his
benefit and the nation's.
Twice he was visited by God-for encouragement and admonishment.
In addition, he had clear evidence of God's power working directly for him.
Solomon was put on the throne in the face of the entrenched political power of
the day, represented by Adonijah and particularly Joab. When David died, the
most influential person in the nation was not a member of David's immediate
family. It was Joab. In the face of Joab's support of Adonijah, however,
Solomon still became king. Obviously, God manipulated things to put him on the
throne.
He was also granted unparalleled, unchallenged power and prestige as a king.
People came from all the nations to admire Solomon, his wisdom, his building
projects, and his wealth. All these visitors gave all the credit to Solomon. In
reality, the Bible shows that God's power was working on Solomon's behalf to
produce these things.
He was given success in all of his endeavors beyond what anyone could normally
expect. Whether it was in botany, biology, building projects, wine, women, and
song, Solomon hit the top of the charts in everything he did.
But Solomon also had a problem. He was distracted by his interest in women. He
was a great man, but he had feet of clay and succumbed to idolatry. Now, this
did not happen overnight but by degrees. He never openly renounced God, but
neither was he ever very devoted either.
It is reminiscent of II Thessalonians 2 and the man of sin. Apostasy is taking
place, and God says that He was going to allow delusion to come upon people, a
"blindness" to occur. A similar thing happened to Solomon. When we add what is
taught in II Thessalonians, we find that the blindness is, in reality,
self-imposed.
God did not make Solomon blind, and He will not make the people spoken of in II
Thessalonians 2 blind either. But, because of their behavior, neither will He
stop their progression towards it. It is not that the people utterly refuse to
accept truth-just as Solomon never renounced God. The problem is that they do
not love it!
The problem is one of dedication. What was Solomon dedicated to? He was not
dedicated to God for very long after his good beginning. He was dedicated to
his projects-to building Jerusalem, the Temple, his home, botanical
gardens-things that only expanded his overwhelming vanity.
He ignored what God said in Deuteronomy 17, and that was sin. Unfortunately,
unlike David, Solomon did not have the spiritual resources to recover from what
he did. David recovered when he sinned because he had a relationship with God.
Even though he sinned, he would bounce back from it in repentance.
I Kings 11:4 says that Solomon "clung to" his wives. Normally, that would be
good. A man should cling or cleave to his wife. Solomon, though, cleaved to the
wrong women, and his attachment to them led him astray. As he tolerated their
worship of other gods right in his home, his resistance wore down, and he
became increasingly vulnerable. Before long, he was participating in the
worship of their gods. Once he was accustomed to it, it wore away his loyalty
as each compromise made the next step easier. His vanity deceived him into
feeling that his strength and resolve were so great that he would not fall. But
he did, and he paid a bitter price.
One of the deceptive aspects to what Solomon did is something that any of us
could fall prey to. It does not have to be foreign women or something like an
all-consuming hobby. Religion, however, especially entrapped him through his
wives.
Virtually every religion uses similar terminology. Every Christian sect uses
the terms " born again," " salvation," "saved," and "redemption." We could add
"justification," "mercy," " kindness," "forgiveness," and "grace." All Western
religions (and maybe now even some of these New Age religions) share some of
the same terminology, but the theology behind the terms is radically different.
In Solomon's day, the religions of Ashtoreth, Molech, Baal, Chemosh, and the
other false gods used terminology very similar to what was being used in
Israel, but the theology was vastly different. This is what trapped Solomon.
Once a comfortable syncretism is accepted, God is gradually neglected and
idolatry is adopted. Thomas Jefferson is credited with saying, "The price of
liberty is eternal vigilance." This is just as true in regard to religion as it
is to civil liberty under a government.

John W. Ritenbaugh
>From   The Fourth Commandment (Part 5)

o)----------------------[ Hapus dan Edit Pesan yang tidak perlu

o)---------------------------( Milis ini didukung oleh I-KAN

http://rdsb.org ; http://beritasorgawi.com ; http://ob.or.id ;
http://revival.or.id
Berhenti dari Milis : [EMAIL PROTECTED] Langganan Milis : [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Administrasi & Teknis : [EMAIL PROTECTED]
petunjuk nomail,mail,digest,gantiemail : [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Untuk info lebih lanjut kunjungi web kami di http://revival.or.id

Kirim email ke