The ISO-3166-3 code is of a complex form and not widely used as far as
I know. As far as I can tell, it is not legal to create a Locale
instance using the ISO-3166-3 code as the country.

At the very least, the PART3 constant should describe the meaning and
structure of the codes.

What might be useful would be a much more detailed result, where a
user could lookup an old code and find out when it expired, and what
replaced it.

Stephen